Are you feeling overwhelmed? Are you anxious about how life will unfold? Are there family and friends who are adding stress to your life instead of support? For those of us who live life with Asperger’s in the house, these feelings are common. Want to talk about it? We can do that!
Or, maybe you just don’t “get” Asperger’s or Sensory Processing Disorder, but you are trying to. Or perhaps you are looking for someone to write an article for your publication? Or having someone come and speak to your organization about Autism Spectrum Disorder? I can help with that, too!
Currently, I offer a limited number of virtual coaching sessions (via Skype, email, etc.) and am happy to help you better understand Asperger’s and SPD, or even simply listen. Are you in located in the greater Charlotte area? We may be able to meet and chat in person. But before we get started, there are a few things you should know. First and foremost, I am a mom and much of my point of view is from that perspective. Think of these sessions as chatting with someone who lives life along the Aspie path!
Things I can help you with:
- Providing a listening ear (sometimes, we just need someone to talk to).
- Advice from a mom who‘s “been there, done that” (and who is still doing it).
- Tips for dealing with changes in routine, sensory overload, and more.
- Tips for working with the school.
- Tips for teachers who work with Aspie parents.
- Tips for professionals trying to understand the Aspie on the payroll.
- General information about Asperger’s, from child to young adult.
Things I cannot help you with:
- I do not (nor cannot) offer legal advice, nor would I want to.
- I do not (nor cannot) offer medical advice, nor would I want to.
- I cannot contact others on your behalf.
- At this point in time, I do not work with those under the age of 18.
- I cannot sprinkle fairy dust, as I am fresh out… *sigh*
Would you like to work with with me?
Catch my detailed post about it HERE, meanwhile, here’s a summary of how it works:
30 Minute Coaching and Consultations
These sessions may be done in person (travel expenses may apply) or Skype.
For parents and caregivers, discounted sessions start at $50 USD. Our chats can include anything from parenting struggles to concerns about schooling, friendship (or lack thereof), our own overwhelm, the subject of college, and more!
It goes without being said any college tips provided do not guarantee admissions. NOTE: College is not for everyone. These are brain storming sessions which should be complimented with school counseling sessions and, if applicable, your Aspie’s therapy visits.
For Business Professionals, Educators, Therapists, consultations start at $75 USD . Think of your main points of interest/concern and we’ll go from there, tailoring our conversations to fit your specific needs.
Hire me to speak!
Speaking Engagements, including Lunch and Learn (starting at $500): We’ll work together to focus on a topic and approach that will best benefit your audience.
Hire me to write!
Articles for Your Publication (starting at $125): Choose this option if you would like a written piece on Asperger’s, Sensory Processing Disorder, or parenting.
** NOTE: all pro bono slots are currently filled.**
Connect with me!
- First and foremost, think of how you want to work together.
- Contact me directly via email me [at] authorjulieclark [dot] com or message me on Twitter.
- After I receive your message, I will contact you via email as soon as I am able to set up a time and way to connect. (Please allow up to five business days for a response due to writing deadlines, travel, etc. Do check your spam folder, too.)
- It is totally ok for you to contact me while you are waiting to hear from me! You can reach me at: me [at] authorjulieclark [dot] com. (replace the “at” with @, and the [dot] with a period. Thanks!)
- You must be 18 years or older to request, purchase, or participate in a coaching session or other work session.
- All information is kept confidential unless required by law.
(I am located in the Eastern Time Zone.)
Why do I charge for my time?
Over the years I’ve been more than happy to help all I can, however I can. I still take on unpaid work, but those slots are already filled for this year.
All my best,